15/06/2020

Vintage Vinyl

There is a new challenge over on the Bleeding Art Challenge blog and I would like to show you my DT project. 


I have so much stuff collected over the years, I am trying to start to use some of it although think it will take my lifetime! Anyway this piece is made using an old vinyl record I got in a charity shop in the bargain bin of 4 for a £1. I covered this with a piece of scrapbook paper and then covered that in acrylic paint in vintage colours.


Having glued an octagon wooden sheet to the back I decided it needed something else and so used some brushos to splash onto the background 

Whilst this was drying I had painted a butterfly blue and stamped it using a visible image script stamp and Wow embossing white fine powder. 

I had also painted some geometric shapes with a crackle glaze. Once dried these were also painted blue

I had also painted a wooden word, believe in linen and coloured a tim hotz paper doll which I then glued onto the butterfly. All this was attached to the record along with some flowers my friend made.

This is a new style for me but really enjoyed making this and think I will do more.

I do hope you come and join us over at Bleeding Art Challenge.

Zoe 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Journal Page

Here is a journal page using one of my favourite techniques, ink smooshing, got to love a good smoosh.  I have ink smooshed and then done so...