There is a new challenge over on the Bleeding Art Challenge blog and I would like to show you my DT project.
I have so much stuff collected over the years, I am trying to start to use some of it although think it will take my lifetime! Anyway this piece is made using an old vinyl record I got in a charity shop in the bargain bin of 4 for a £1. I covered this with a piece of scrapbook paper and then covered that in acrylic paint in vintage colours.
Having glued an octagon wooden sheet to the back I decided it needed something else and so used some brushos to splash onto the background
Whilst this was drying I had painted a butterfly blue and stamped it using a visible image script stamp and Wow embossing white fine powder.
I had also painted some geometric shapes with a crackle glaze. Once dried these were also painted blue
I had also painted a wooden word, believe in linen and coloured a tim hotz paper doll which I then glued onto the butterfly. All this was attached to the record along with some flowers my friend made.
This is a new style for me but really enjoyed making this and think I will do more.
I do hope you come and join us over at Bleeding Art Challenge.