31/03/2017

Cardboard Canvas

I have been saving packaging to use in my crafting and have so much of it now. I acquired some squares of cardboard from the box my new brake disc for my car were in. They are the perfect size to work on, a little over 8x8.

Having ripped some of the cardboard to expose the ridges I put piece of 8x8 brick paper onto and put some Decoart Crackle glaze through a stencil and left it to dry naturally. You must leave it to dry naturally otherwise you will get a fab glaze but no crackle (I left something on a radiator) A wash of Gesso was added and then I added mica powder mixed with a little pva glue to the cracked areas. Some metal embellishments were then added and also some flowers. Decided didn't think the brass was quite right so I added a little decoart Americana Sea Breeze to create a patina. The Skull was then Stamped and embossed using a brass embossing powder. I put a little of the sea breeze around the edges.

Very pleased with the results of this one. Hopefully I will start doing step by step photos soon.
I am adding this to the Dream in Darkness Challenge

Zoƫ xx

4 comments:

  1. Loving the blood-red roses with the skull. Thanks for sharing at Dream In Darkness :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a moody, fabulous page, love the flowers with the cool skull image. Thank you for joining Dream in Darkness March Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the skull and flowers, really cool. Great use and rescue of what would just be trash to some people. Thanks again for sharing with us at Dream in Darkness, hope to see you again!~kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woooo great canvas, I love recycling when crafting. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Journal Page

Here is a journal page using one of my favourite techniques, ink smooshing, got to love a good smoosh.  I have ink smooshed and then done so...